Basically, Tik Tok is a social media application forum through which we can create and share short videos. It is gaining popularity all over the world and according to study, the application has about 500 million users all over the world. If we look at its popularity in India, we will find that it has about 60 million users using this application and at present, this application is available in 150 markets and in 75 languages. Tik Tok was launched in China in 2016 as Douyin and it was relaunched with the new brand name Tik Tok one year after launching it in China and within a short span of time, it has become a leading short video creating an application in Asia, USA and other parts of the world. In 2018 this application became very popular among the audiences in the USA.
With the help of this application, users can create a short video of about 3-15 seconds doing anything and hence the reason Tik Tok became one of the most downloaded applications in the USA. The background music and other special effects that can be added to the video make the videos more innovative. The application was developed in about 200 days in China and it reached over 100 million users within a short period of time being viewed over one billion times every day. In order to reach more audience worldwide, the parent company of Douyin, Byte Dance Technologies, decided to re-launch the Douyin brand as Tik Tok globally in September 2017.
According to data provided by Sensor Tower an application research platform, Tik Tok was the number one application among the applications downloaded all over the world. It was downloaded 80 million times in the USA and 800 million times all over the world. It has become increasingly popular among iPhone users. According to Sensor Tower and CMBC, it was downloaded from apple store 104 million times and has surpassed YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram as the most downloaded application.
Features of the App
- It is a platform where users can create their short videos of about 15 seconds which you can speed up, slow down and edit with filters.
- You can create a music video with the application and users can choose background music from a variety of options available. You record a video and edit it with filters and speed adjustments before uploading it to any social media platform.
- Reaction feature of the application allows users to record the reactions to the video posted. It allows the user to post another video in response to the video posted by a friend in a comment.
- The user can set his or her account as private in the application and the content from this account will remain with Tik Tok and users unknown to the account holder cannot see its contents.
- Users have the authority to choose whom to interact within the form of comments, likes or reaction videos.
- guidelines of the European Union people, less than 16 years cannot use this platform. To register to this platform you can sign up using your Facebook, Instagram or email accounts. Tik Tok allows the user to follow their friends and relatives and give reactions to their posts and comments. Users on Tik Tok can make their accounts private by personalizing the details seeking to protect a user from any kind of suspicious elements present on this platform.
- When using Tik Tok as a user you need to be aware of the potential threats and risks of using this platform and keep in mind that you should not get exposed to any kind of bad language or abusive content. Tik Tok has given the option to report any abuse.
Tik Tok is a new short video creating application launched in China in 2016 as Douyin and is branded globally as Tik Tok. This application has given a new dimension to the world of social media by enhancing the creativity of the user with about 500 million using the application. It has become one of the most popular applications in countries like the USA, Ireland, China and other parts of the world in a very short period of time. With this application, the users can create a short video with the help of music and other special effects. In a way, it gives the user a great platform to enhance their creative side. Within a short span of time Tik Tok has become one of the most popular applications in the world and alarming to other popular social media platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter etc. how popular Tik Tok has become amongst the younger generation, a new sensation in the world of social networking as it is surpassing the scale of popularity at present.